(by Patrick Talmadge Harris - CEO & Founder, PatEx)
Recently, I have been reflecting on my early years I spent in healthcare business and product development. I was very fortunate to work with Vanderbilt University on a variety of initiatives. They provided a great incubator for our business at a variety of levels, a great resource for recruiting top student talent and a wonderful on-site learning experience for me. The experience was great and I continue to incorporate what I learned into current projects. Here are a few quick points to recap what I learned:
- Be open to communication with vendors;
- Promote student and business community interaction;
- People, environment and systems all contribute to the patient experience;
- Embrace the incubator and resources you can provide to help businesses innovate;
- Quality models are evolving and play a big part in process improvement and strategic planning.